Before we get into the nitty-gritty of ways to organize each of our supplies, let's take a look at a few tips that will apply to all areas.
- Label, label, label. Whatever your method of storing and organizing, be sure to label everything.
- Stacking is your friend. When you're working on planning your storage and organization solutions, pay careful attention to making sure your boxes and bins will stack without tipping or falling over. I speak from experience; that's all I'll say for now.
- If you can't find an acid-free box, a quick wrap in acid-free tissue paper is almost as good. Order some here.
- Before you begin a new project, I suggest pulling everything necessary and organizing it into zip-top bags or project bags. I do this for every design I'm working on currently and the projects that I have coming up. I then stash those bags in a nice basket on a shelf; it's visible to me and reminds me of the fun projects waiting for me.
- Come up with your own plan. The tips I give in this newsletter are suggestions of things I have tried or have heard of; some of them will work for you and some will not, just like some have worked for me and some didn't. Like so many parts of life, much of this is trial and error, so do what works for you. It's your stash; organize and store it in a way that makes sense for your life. The ultimate goal is to make it easy to access your supplies, so keep that in mind as you get started!