What to do with your stitched project stash? We'll talk about unstitched stash storage another time, so let's just focus on finished projects. Here are a few tips for storing your stitched designs:
- If a project is displayed as a runner, tablecloth, place mat or just as a project that is laid flat on a table to display, you have a couple of options.
- Keep your projects rolled gently around a tube and layered between pieces of acid-free tissue paper.
- Store projects flat in an acid-free storage box. Remember to layer acid-free tissue paper between the projects.
- Never, ever, ever store your stitched projects in a hoop or Q-snap! Trust me, it's not a good thing.
- If your project is framed, be sure to wrap your frame in acid-free tissue paper and then a layer of bubble wrap to protect it. Store it in airtight storage.
- If your project is finished as an "item," such as an ornament, biscornu, towel, etc., store it as appropriate for the type of finished project. I recommend always wrapping your project in acid-free tissue paper.
Note: Acid-free tissue paper and boxes are available through a variety of online shops and some specialty stores, including dry cleaners and wedding shops.