At the Beach
I have never been quiet about my love for the shore -- be it a lake, creek or ocean. I grew up on the Gulf Coast, so I love the sun and sand, but living in the Midwest has introduced me to lake beaches, which are equally as wonderful on a warm summer day. I adore this little set of coaster designs for the shore memories they invoke and for the unique finishing they employ. Simple Aida is frayed around the edges and glued to a simple ceramic tile, and the finished project is adorable ... and quick! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Petite beach scenes will take your thoughts back to a lazy summer vacation. These pieces are very quick to stitch and even quicker to finish!
- White 14-count Aida: 9 x 9 inches (for each design)
- 3 white glazed ceramic tiles
- Fabric glue
- Pattern Key & Chart
"At the Beach" was stitched on white 14-count Aida by Zweigart using DMC floss.
Stitch Count (for each)
49 wide x 49 high
Approximate Design Size (for each)
11-count 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
14-count 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
16-count 3" x 3"
18-count 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
22-count 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
1. Center and stitch design using three strands floss for Cross-Stitch and one strand floss for Backstitch.
1. Trim Aida two squares beyond stitching; unravel one square of fabric.
2. Apply fabric glue to back of each stitched piece; center on ceramic tile.
Copyright © July 2004 Crazy for Cross Stitch! All rights reserved.
Download this pattern (551 KB)
Please note: To view or download, you will need Adobe® Reader®.